Sustainable CT Action Update Log
Based on your feedback, we’re making ongoing revisions to simplify and clarify the 2018 Sustainable CT actions and submission requirements. Please find a summary of listed revisions below, which we’ll keep updating until July 20th. From July 20th until the 2018 certification submission deadline, no further changes will be made. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Thank you for helping us improve with your continued suggestions!
Action and File Updates
Revisions posted July 20, 2018
- 6.1 Benchmark and Track Energy Use: This action has been revised to eliminate small energy users, allowing towns to prioritize benchmarking and tracking on buildings that have a significant impact on total municipal energy use. This action was also revised to provide a uniform data request for Portfolio Manager users that can be used for SCT submissions.
- 6.2 Reduce Energy Use Across All Municipal Buildings: This action has been revised to clarify how and make it simpler for municipalities to prove they have achieved the reductions.
- 6.3 Achieve High Energy Performance for Individual Buildings: Action submission requirements updated.
- 6.4 Increase Use of Renewable Energy in Municipal Buildings: Action submission requirements broadened.
- 7.6 Implement Save Money and Reduce Trash (SMART) Program: Action submission requirements simplified.
- Master Action List: Areas of the excel spreadsheet have been updated. They are now consistent with actions on the website.
Revisions posted July 19, 2018
- 2.1 Provide Watershed Education: Submission requirements for 2.1.1 broadened.
- 3.2 Support Arts and Creative Culture: Submission requirements for 3.2.5, 3.2.6, 3.2.10 were streamlined.
Revisions posted July 18, 2018
Revisions posted July 17, 2018
- 1.1 - 10.1: Various hyperlink and formatting fixes throughout all actions.
Revisions posted July 16, 2018
- 2.3 Engage in Watershed Protection and Restoration: Hyperlinks fixed.
- 4.3 Develop Agriculture-Friendly Practices: Submission requirements broadened for 4.3.5.
- 4.5 Inventory and Assess Historic Resources: Minor numbering edits.
Revisions posted July 12, 2018
- 2.1 Provide Watershed Education: Hyperlinks fixed.
- 2.11 Implement Green Grounds and Maintenance Program: Submission options broadened.
- 4.4 Assess Climate Vulnerability: Submission options broadened.
- 7.5 Report Materials Management Data and Reduce Waste: "Department of Public Health" link fixed.
- Master Action List: Areas of the excel spreadsheet have been updated to be consistent with actions on the website.
- Municipal Partner Letter: "Municipal Partner Letter" has been renamed to "Municipal Partner Checklist" (still includes sample letter).
Revisions posted July 9, 2018
- 3.3 Develop a Creative Placemaking Plan: Submission requirements streamlined and minor sentence edits.
- 6.7 Install Efficient Street Lights: Minor sentence edits.
- Action 8.1 Worksheet 1: Areas of the worksheet have been updated.
- Action 8.1 Worksheet 2: Areas of the worksheet have been updated.
- Sustainable CT Equity Toolkit: Areas of the toolkit have been updated.
Revisions posted July 6, 2018
- Municipal Partner Checklist/Letter: Submission options broadened to allow demonstration of partnership by a partnership letter or alternative documentation.
- 1.6 Participate in and Promote the C-PACE Program: Submission options broadened for 1.6.1. Submission requirements simplified for 1.6.2 and 1.6.3.
- 2.4 Develop an Open Space Plan: Submission options broadened.
- 2.8 Implement Low Impact Development: Submission requirements broadened.
- 4.1 Integrate Planning into Plan of Conservation and Development and Zoning: Submission requirements simplified.
- 4.5 Inventory and Assess Historic Resources: Submission options simplified and broadened.
- 7.7 Recycle Additional Materials and Compost Organics: Renamed and clarified to include organics composting and edited to clarify that education and implementation may be targeted to specific populations.
- 8.1 Design and Implement a Housing Needs Assessment: Submission requirements simplified and clarified for 8.1.1.
- 8.2 Grow Sustainable and Affordable Housing Options: Submission options broadened.
Revisions posted July 3, 2018
- 2.6 Manage for Drought and Municipal Water Use: Simplified submission requirements for the first element under “Reduce Municipal Water Use & Create a Drought Communications Plan” and clarified the “Credit for Past Action” section.
- 3.1 Map Tourism and Cultural Assets: Submission requirements simplified.
- 3.2 Support Arts and Creative Culture: Submission options broadened for 3.2.1 and simplified for 3.2.2, 3.2.5 and 3.2.11.
Sustainable CT Action Feedback
Thank you for your ongoing support and feedback of Sustainable CT Actions. If you would like to help improve an action, please contact us at email@example.com.