The Sustainable CT Fellowship Program
Through the Sustainable CT Fellowship Program, students from Connecticut colleges and universities will receive training, supervision, and a stipend to help our communities implement Sustainable CT actions and obtain points towards certification.
Submission deadline to become a Sustainable CT fellow for 2018 has passed. Check back in the Fall for our 2019 application timeline.
- Municipalities: Get free help to implement Sustainable CT actions.
- Connecticut college and university students: Gain valuable training and professional experience, become part of a dynamic cohort, and help make change at the local level.
- Sustainable CT will train fellows and provide stipends (approximately $5,000 for full-time work in summer 2018).
- Our Council of Governments partners will host and provide supervision to Sustainable CT Fellows in their regional offices.
Potential Fellowship Program Projects
- Help the Sustainability Team implement Sustainable CT actions.
- Collect data for inventories, assessments, and plans related to Sustainable CT actions.
- Research past and ongoing sustainability initiatives in municipalities that qualify for Sustainable CT points towards certification.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration among Sustainable CT municipalities.
- Support use of the Municipal Dashboard to submit actions for Sustainable CT certification.
- Assist with Council of Government projects that align with Sustainable CT objectives.
Timeline for Summer 2018 Sustainable CT Fellowship Program
- February 23: Deadline for student applications.
- Early April: Notification and placement of student fellows.
- June – August: Training and work (20-40 hours/week, approximately 10 weeks).