2022 Bronze Certification Requirements
2022 Silver Certification Requirements
Note: Actions, points, and certification point thresholds are for 2022 and may change for future certification cycles.
Certifying Your Municipality
- Register your community for Sustainable CT and work at your own pace toward certification.
- Opportunities to apply for certification are offered twice annually (spring and fall). If certification is not achieved, feedback on actions completed can be sued to make revisions for submission for a future certification cycle.
- Certification lasts for 3 years. For example, for communities certified in spring or fall 2022, certification lasts until December 31, 2025.
- Already certified? To recertify, give your whole a application a refresh. Actions approved in previous years must be revised every year to align with current certification requirements, including completing new worksheets, meeting new action requirements, and falling withing the timeframe for credit. To see which actions have changed, click here.
- Many Sustainable CT actions have variable points, which means there are several ways to complete the action. All you need to do is achieve one of the designated point levels listed for that action to consider it complete. Of course, the more you do, the more points you earn.
- Municipalities whose application is not yet complete may still submit partially completed materials to receive feedback.
- April 5, 2022 (by noon): Spring certification deadline
- By early June 2021: Final decisions on spring 2022 certification released by Sustainable CT.
- August 23, 2022 (by noon): Fall certification deadline.
- By early November 2021: Final decisions on fall 2022 certification released by Sustainable CT.
Submitting Your Application
- Set any action you want reviewed to “completed.” For these actions, please put text in every required field, even if it’s “none” or “not applicable.” Then, click the blue “submit” button.
- If your application is partially complete or you get an error message when trying to submit, then e-mail email@example.com. That e-mail will serve as documentation of your intent to submit, and we will then manually submit your application.
- If ready, we encourage you to submit your application before the deadline.