Civic Pride & Engagement
Projects that align with the Sustainable CT roadmap of actions that promote high-quality, healthy, and inclusive neighborhoods and towns. It is the most general set of projects, and covers a wide variety of ideas.
Focus Area Details
- $15,000 Max, $1-to-$1 Match: $7500 Community Contributions/$7500 Sustainable CT
- Up to 35% of any one contribution is eligible for a full match by Sustainable CT
|Essex 3 Villages Source to Sea Cleanup Day|
|Hartford Vertical Farming Training Program|
|Mill Hill Outdoor Ecological Learning Environment|
|Portland Farm Forest Camp|
Other Project Ideas
Land and Natural Resource Protection
Projects that promote the protection, conservation, and sustainable use of lands, waterbodies, and other natural resources.
- Developing and maintain public trails or trail systems
- Tree planting in public and open spaces
- Rain gardens, bioswales, green infrastructure
- River/watershed cleanups, protection, or restoration
- Pollinator gardens
- Invasive species management
- Sustainable landscaping/groundskeeping
- Preserving open space
Arts and Culture and Local Economies
Projects that promote local arts and creative culture, enhance community spaces, and/or support local business and tourism.
- Youth arts program
- Community arts festival promoting foot traffic to downtown small businesses
- Mural celebrating the town’s history or diversity
- Parklets that provide gathering spaces in main street areas
- Outdoor community concert series
- Art installations, sculpture gardens, artists walks, etc.
- Buy local campaign
- Main Street beautification projects
Projects that improve or create sustainable mobility options, including walking, biking, and public transit.
- Expansion or development of sidewalks, bike lanes, bike paths
- Bike safety classes
- Bus shelters and seating
- Bike-share programs
- Complete streets planning, design, or construction
Healthy & Sustainable Food Networks
Projects that provide food & health education, increase food security, and promote local food production.