Trainings & Events
Use the filters below the Trainings & Events calendar to search for trainings and events related to specific actions categories in our program.
Finding the Right Trees For the Right Time: Connecticut Climate Adaptation Workshop
October 01, 2021 - 1:00 pm
October 08, 2021 - 1:00 pm
October 22, 2021 - 1:00 pm
This short course is designed for teams of professionals or seasoned volunteers working with conservation groups in Connecticut and neighboring states. Participants will consider how to integrate climate adaptation planning into the stewardship work of their organization. Individual participants can be accommodated.
- Identify locally important climate change impacts, challenges, and opportunities.
- Understand a step-by-step process for considering climate change and carbon in land stewardship and management.
- Develop actions to help a specific natural area adapt to changing conditions.
- Communicate with stakeholders about climate impacts and adaptation responses.
The course will be held over 4 weeks, requiring 4.5 hours of virtual live classes and a field session. Office hours are available throughout each week for instructors to provide guidance to participants; 30-minute meetings can be set-up as needed.
- Maddy Baroli, Climate Adaptation Specialist, Northern Institute of Applied Climate Science
- Maria Janowiak, Acting Director & Coordinator of the New England Climate Change Response Framework, Northern Institute of Applied Climate Science
- Dr. Juliana Barrett, University of Connecticut
- Dr. Sharon Lynch, Avalonia Stonington Town Committee
General Sustainability Event
← Return to List of Events
Visit the Sustainable CT Archives to view past Events and Resources.