Benchmark and Track Energy Use
Sustainable CT is pleased to partner with Eversource Energy and United Illuminating to provide energy benchmarking and tracking support to registered Sustainable CT communities within the utility company service territories. Interested municipalities will work with utility company representatives to: 1) create an Energy Star Portfolio Manager (ESPM) account (if needed); 2) establish automatic data transfer of municipal electricity and/or natural gas energy billing data for qualifying buildings to ESPM; and 3) benchmark and report municipal energy use to satisfy the track energy use in municipal and Board or Education buildings portion of Action Benchmark and Track Energy Use.
Take advantage of this free opportunity by sending an email expressing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Assign a municipal representative as the point of contact.
- Review the existing municipal Energy Star Portfolio Manager account(s) and identify missing or incomplete data. Municipalities will be responsible for generating a list of all the qualifying buildings required to be benchmarked by Action Benchmark and Track Energy Use.
- Work with the utility representatives to automate transfer of electric or natural gas data and populate historical usage if necessary.
- Obtain at least one year of data on energy use for non-electric or natural gas fuels (e.g. heating oil, propane), for qualifying buildings.
- Work with the utilities to upload non-electric or natural gas data into the municipal Energy Star Portfolio Manager account.
- Provide Eversource Energy or United Illuminating representatives any necessary background information on municipal or Board of Education buildings including square footage, occupancy, or other data required by ESPM.
- Participate in any preparatory and/or progress calls as needed.
Eversource Energy/United Illuminating will:
- Create an Energy Star Portfolio Manager account for the municipality, if needed, or merge existing accounts to form one principal account for the municipality.
- Assist in setting up automatic data transfer for electric and natural gas data for a municipality in ESPM (including historical billing records back 3 years).
- Assist the municipality in generating and reviewing benchmarking reports for qualifying buildings to satisfy the track energy use in municipal and Board of Education buildings portion of Action Benchmark and Track Energy Use.
Qualifying buildings are defined in Action Benchmark and Track Energy Use and include the primary types of municipal buildings as well as any municipally-owned building that uses more than 5,000 kWh per year.
Get Support Now
In order to work with an energy expert from the utilities, please send an email expressing your interest to email@example.com. Requests will be accepted on an ongoing basis.