Streamlining Solar Permitting
Sustainable CT registered communities are eligible to work with SolSmart to begin Action Streamline Solar Permitting for Small Solar Installations. Under this no-cost assistance program, municipalities will work with the SolSmart team to review zoning requirements and identify restrictions that might prohibit solar PV development.
Once you sign up for SolSmart, a technical assistance provider will review your community's zoning regulations and provide you with a memo of findings at no-cost, satisfying the requirements for 5.6.1a. This foundational step is also one of the three mandatory components of getting SolSmart Bronze designation. SolSmart is a no-cost solar technical assistance and designation program open to all communities and administered by the Solar Foundation and International City/County Management Association (ICMA).
Take advantage of this free opportunity by sending an email to Sustainable CT at email@example.com.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Sign on to SolSmart
- Assign at least one municipal representative as the point of contact for the completion of the regulation review and checklist development
- Provide SolSmart staff any requested background materials
- Participate in any preparatory and/or progress calls as needed
- Staff from SolSmart will be responsible for performing the regulatory review as outlined in 5.6.1a, as well as compiling the required memo documenting findings
- Coordinate with the municipal point of contact to conduct research and share deliverables