Use the filters below the Trainings & Events calendar to search for trainings and events related to specific actions categories in our program.
Cleaning up and redeveloping Brownfields facilitates job growth, increases local tax bases, utilizes existing infrastructure, and improves the environment – a win, win, win, win! To advance understanding of states and federal brownfield programs and opportunities, The Northeast Waste Management Officials’ Association (NEWMOA), the Technical Assistance to Brownfield Communities (TAB) program at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), and state and federal partners are organizing a regional Summit.
The goals of the Summit are to:
- Share information about the financial incentives, liability protections, & technical & other assistance available for brownfields development from federal & state governments
- Promote best practice & lessons learned across states
- Provide an opportunity to increase networking & information-sharing among key stakeholders
- The two-day Summit will include plenary and break-out sessions and an exhibit area. There will be ample time during the breaks to allow for networking and viewing the exhibits. If funding is available, there will be a reception in the evening of the first day.
Organizers expect approximately 300 people to attend, including representatives from:
- State, tribal, & federal government brownfields & waste site cleanup programs
- Local, regional, & state economic development agencies
- Real estate developers, financial institutions, & law firms
- Planning & economic development consulting firms
- Local governments
- Interested citizens & non-governmental organizations
- Job training grantees
- Environmental professional